Dear all:

I have so many pending posts piling up and not enough time to go though half of them. I always had so many ideas for Bengal's Corner, that already deviated a bit from it's original intention... still, I appreciate all of you that took the time to visit and comment.

I'm thinking about closing this blog though. Either it’s permanently or not, I’m not sure at this point. I wish I could dedicate more time to make it the way I envisioned. I have a group of interviews, including one with Eric Beaudry done last year during Chants de Vielles 2008, that weren't published yet. Eric's interview was done in an ambient with music around. In the end, the tunes covered Eric's voice. It took a long time to clean up the recording to have it in clearer French, but not enough time after that to transcript, translate and upload... this is one of the reasons why I want to stop.

Also I had the idea of adding articles about the curious instruments we discover in Folk music. Surely for the past 5 years I learned about musical instruments I never even heard before. Gaétan Morissette wrote a great article about the tambours de Portneuf. I even contacted some musicians about it and the idea was well accepted, but I didn't have the necessary time after to be on top of that...

At this point, I'm just advertising the events as they come and I'm doing half of the job I was doing before. I would love to have enough time to dedicate to those ideas and make this blog much more informative and interactive. But right now, my professional life is demanding more time and I have to focus.

During the next weeks I'll upload a list of references and links to bands, associations, festivals, artists, agencies, producers, etc, that you can contact for more information in any of the topics spread in this blog. It will be just like the links for the radios that I already added to Bengal's Corner. Please, feel free to add any more links to the comments session, or to contact me through the email published in my profile. I'm not disappearing. :)

I have to rearrange my time. I'll let you know whether I can continue with Bengal's Corner or not.

For now, thank you to those who took time to stop by. I really appreciate it.

À bientôt,

Bengal.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment